ThyroMend™ is a synergistic combination of iodine containing seaweeds, and herbs which contain phytothyroidogenic, phyto-thyroid-receptor agonists, and other herbs designed to restore and maintain optimal function of thyroid hormones by maintaining the health of the thyroid gland and supporting the healthy function of tissues that respond to thyroid hormones.
This unique combination of seaweeds and herbs synergistically provide all of Seven Key Functions Required for Optimal Thyroid Health:
- increase bio-available iodine for thyrocytes
- increase iodine uptake by thyrocytes by their sodium-iodide-symporter (NIS) proteins
- increase T3 & T4 production and secretion from thyrocytes
- increase conversion of thyroxine (T4) to the more bioactive triiodothyronine (T3) by liver cells;
- increase RXR/TR heterodimerization of thyroid receptors on target cells throughout the body
- increase binding of thyroid hormone receptors to DNA by RXR/TR heterodimers throughout the body
- increase the effect of T3 on target gene expression within receptor cells throughout the body.
Synergy comes from the Greek word synergos - συνεργόσ - meaning “working together”.
The effectiveness of the ThyroMend™ formulation is in large part due to the synergy that exists between each herb and seaweed in the formulation. These agents are used in the ThyroMend™formulation to promote the natural production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland and also support how well tissues throughout the body respond to thyroid hormones. The following chart shows how the nine phytotherapeutic agents in ThyroMend™ work together synergistically to restore normal function of the thyroid. No single herb or seaweed can support all seven steps involved in optimal thyroid function. However, when the nine agents are properly formulated, their synergy can support all seven steps involved in optimal thyroid function in a balanced fashion.